Friday, April 24, 2009

Camping in the backyard

Matt got a wildhair on Friday night and decided it would be super fun to put the tent up in the backyard and sleep outside with the girls. I would have joined them, but of course, I needed to stay inside and make sure Mitchell was ok. (That's what I told Matt anyway! :-)) We borrowed our friends portable firepit, made smores, sat by the fire and then put the kids to bed. Matt even took the TV out of our room and set it up in the tent so they could watch a movie before bed.

They had a blast, even though it was COLD COLD COLD and they were sleeping on a HARD HARD ground. The girls thought it was wonderful!

Sitting in the cold around the fire.

Lauren is always happy. I don't know how she wasn't super cold here!
Maddie, on the other hand, was freezing!!!
Stuffing our faces with marshmallows! YUMMY!!!!

Lou loves her daddy-o
Getting ready for bed. Peek-a-boo!
All snuggled in
Watching their movie, ready to snooze
This is where they ended up at 6am. Snug as a bug in a rug. Matt says "there's no place like your own bed!"

1 comment:

The Foulgers said...

What a cute daddy to come up with a plan like that. I love the last picture where all 3 kids are in bed with him.